Sunday, December 9, 2012

The perfect ending to the perfect day...

Aaaand...it snowed! A lot. It started Friday afternoon. At work, my co-workers and I were whispering excitedly to each other about the 1 - 2 inches that the weatherman was predicting. As soon as the first flakes started falling, I continued in my annual tradition of going out in the first big snowfall with a work boyfriend (work boyfriend being the person who you take break with, pal around with, etc. at work). I called him up and said, "Get over here, stat!" and then we stood around outside as the frosty flakes settled on our eyelashes. It really is the most beautiful time of year.
 
The 1 - 2 inches predicted has turned into about 12 inches, with flakes still coming down. I spent most of my day hopping between church services, eating, and watching the snow tumble down. I also got out and shovelled the walk which has left my arms aching. The snow is so heavy! Time for hot chocolate and carols!
 
The snow, of course, means a wardrobe change. Although the temperature was only at freezing today, it's supposed to drop severely below freezing for the rest of the week with tonnes of wind. It's time to pull out my Khombu snow boots, pile on the sweaters, and wear long underwear. Hmmm, I see mom jeans in my future...
 
Today, I wore a turtleneck (even though I always feel like I'm choking when I wear them), a black dress, polka dot tights, new booties from ModCloth, my H&M faux leather jacket, handmade mittens from a cancer charity event, and a scarf which I purchased from a church sale. I believe it was made by women in Kenya working in a co-op. I really wish I could remember now...it might be India. Either way, it's fuzzy and warm and I love burrowing my face into it. It's made by the same women who knit my super nice cardigan.
 
I'm wiped. This snow is making me antsy to go out and play! Christmas is near and I've so much to get done! I'm done with finals on the 15th & I have left to do 1 presentation, 3 papers, and 3 exams. So close. Then I'm going to decorate the tree, watch movies, read A Christmas Carol and Holidays on Ice, drink hot chocolate with friends, decorate a ginger bread house... Hmmm, what else should I do?
 
Keep warm & see you soon! xx

14 comments:

Keit said...

Woohoo, so much snow ^_^ We've got only wind here, damn freezing wind!
Perfect outfit, it stands out so much with the snowy background!

Two Happy Hearts said...

So pretty!! I love it!
Snow is so magical, especially around Christmastime :)

Han said...

awh these photo's are so beautiful! xo

Lauren said...

Aww you can tell how happy you are in these photos! So beautiful!

Ellen said...

I'm across the river in Western WI and it was a crazy weekend for me too! I'm glad you managed to make it look good and enjoy it! Winter's here! White Christmas! YAY!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos, really looks like a Winter Wonderland. The first and third pics are my fave-the third is almost like Narnia.

ps love your term "work boyfriend"

xoxo
Ivy

sofia said...

beautiful! I can't wait for snow!!!

Unknown said...

These photos are gorgeous! And i love the red lip against all the beautiful snow.

Orchid Grey said...

I wish we had some snow here, but it's just rain! Beautiful photos!

Unknown said...

You look so adorable! I love the outfit from head to toe and I'd wear this too if I wouldn't feel cold so easily ;)
But I love all the snow, which we had that much of it over here!

Judy said...

That is sooo beautiful! I wish there was snow where I live so bad. Not a chance! hehe. I just found your blog through modcloth on tumblr. I'll start following you with bloglovin. I love it here. =)

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about this snow. It is soooooooooooo drop dead gorgeous and amazing <3 I heart it.

Also...you look divinely lovely in these photos, Miss Should-Be-A-Model! Look at those eyes, that hair. Wish my blog pics looked remotely like this.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Check out my Jose Eber GIVEAWAY!!!!!!

Unknown said...

how do you keep your hair so pretty?

Jerome said...

The first and third photo could be art prints, I just love them!